Orthodontic treatment gently guides your teeth into their correct position; straightening uneven, misaligned, crooked and prominent teeth. It is never too late to have the smile you’ve always wanted, whatever your age.
Orthodontic treatment for children
Orthodontic treatment gives your child a great start in life. It provides them with an attractive smile, which is a wonderful asset they will have for the rest of their lives.
This will boost their self-confidence and esteem and this can benefit both social and career success as well as improve a person’s general attitude toward life.
When should your child have their orthodontic assessment?
The ideal age for your child to have their orthodontic assessment is 8 years of age. Initial orthodontic assessment at this age allows your orthodontist to plan treatment to start at the optimal stage of their growth and development.
This optimal stage of their growth and development is a “window of opportunity” to give your child the very best orthodontic treatment possible, which will result in:
- Avoiding the extraction of permanent teeth.
- A balanced facial profile with optimal support for the lips which will support long-term facial appearance.
- A beautiful full, broad smile.
The benefits of orthodontic treatment include:
- The beautiful teeth and smile that you always wanted and will have for the rest of your life.
- Straight teeth and healthy gums that are easier to clean and more likely to last your life time.
- Healthy jaw joints which can help to reduce headaches, migranes, jaw and neck pain.
What will this mean for your child?
- An attractive smile is a wonderful asset which will contribute to improved self-esteem and self-confidence.
Dr Ronan Perry of Dental House is a registered specialist and an active member of the Orthodontic Society of Ireland, of which he has served as membership secretary and editor of the society newsletter. He was instrumental in setting up the patient focused OSI website. www.orthodontics.ie.
To book a consultation with Dr Perry for you or your child:
LoCall: 1890 22 33 44
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/dentalhousesmile
For more information about orthodontics at Dental House and the various treatment options we offer click here